Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chess Piece

For our second assignment we had to draw a chess piece of choice and have a background that in some way had to move the viewer's eye. The chess piece I chose was the rook. We went through many exercises before actually drawing and putting it on the computer. An example of one of the exercises we had to do was randomly pick an object from a bin and without looking at it we had to draw the object by what we feel. I used the "Growing Technique" to draw my chess piece. I think my use of shading for the whole drawing could of been better if I had filled the little white spots. Even though the shading on the chess piece is not great it still does look three dimensional. Although i think my chess piece isn't great I think my background definitely moves your eye. I think it moves your eye because there is vertical, horizontal, diagonal, and curved lines. Also the shading makes as if the lines are growing when it gets darker and fading into the back when they are lighter. Overall I think I did decent on this project because I think I could of done better. Ways I could of made it better would of been making the semi-circles on the chess piece more symmetrical.

No comments: