Monday, April 25, 2011

Chair Design



Our latest project in art class was designing a personalized chair. The chair had to be both artistic, and functional. It also had to exude our personality. I believe my chair is all of the above and it exudes my interests as well as my personality. I believe this chair is artistic because of it's strong geometric shapes and use of line. This chair would also be very functional as a dining room chair or as a throne. I believe it would be a functional as traditional dining room chair because of its size and look. The chair would be 5' 4" tall and 2' wide. It would also fit under most dining room tables since its arm rests sit at just above 3'. This chair shows my interests because it would be made of wood and be held together by various different joints. This shows my interests because I love woodworking and sitting.This chair exudes my personality because it is sturdy, and looks symmetrical at the first glance but when you look closer you can see the backrest is a little of showing how my chair and I are kind of quirky.

No comments: