Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rugby



Recently I have decided to join my schools rugby team. Originally there was supposed to be a junior and senior team but as the practices went on some people stopped showing up making us change the team to varsity. After hearing this I was kind of nervous because of playing such a contact heavy sport with seniors.

So far we have only learned the basis of rugby and the special moves. We have started almost every practice so far with a passing drill. We also do some fancy plays like missing one person then the missed person runs to the end of the line to create a 2 on 1 against an opponent.

During practice yesterday the coaches assigned positions. I was assigned to play scrum half. A scrum half must be able to throw well with both hands, kick with both feet, be very good at defense and have good communication. We have not had a game yet and I am going to miss our teams first game but I am looking forward to playing with the team and trying a new sport.

No comments: