Friday, April 16, 2010

Rubiks Cube


Last Christmas I got a Rubiks cube. Originally I thought it would be near impossible to solve, but then I thought maybe youtube would have some video tutorials. After watching a few of the videos I realized that the rubiks cube isn't just a neat puzzle, it's a whole science. They use algorithms to be able to do it without even looking. After finding a video that wasn't so complex I wrote down the steps and I could solve it almost 100% of the time. After being able to do it so easily I just tucked it away and only recently pulled it back out to realize I only remember how to get the first two tiers.

I have yet to memorize the final steps because they all depend on what it looks like and will always be different. Once I master the 3x3x3 cube I am sure I will move on to the 5x5x5.

No comments: