Monday, February 22, 2010

Space Art


So I recently bought the game Mass Effect 2. Definitely one of my favourite games ever. One of my favorite parts of the game is oddly the Galaxy map. It started to make me think of not only The Milky Way but also other galaxies and how each one looks totally different. Obviously the ones in the game are not all real but they are still amazingly crafted. After finishing the game I looked up some space art and was awed at the complexity and details of it.

I found one artist on deviantart who’s work is absolutely amazing. I think Space Lane II is by far one of his best pieces. After looking at other peoples stuff I decided I would try my own. Not as easy as it looks. So far I have completed one decent planet,half a nebula, and a star field. For a beginner I think they are awesome. Here are some of the tutorials I used.


No comments: