Wednesday, October 26, 2011


For our second project we created a self portrait that portrayed some form of duality in our own personalities. For this project we were allowed to use any medium or size of project. The concept of my piece was that since I play rugby I have to have a bigger, stronger looking exterior but also have a certain mental state while playing. Off the field though I am a completely different person and I'm just the skinny, goofy kid. I showed this in my art by having a skinny character of myself putting on armor that is to large for him standing next to a shield and sword which are just as big. I put myself on a giant pile of gold coins to unify the character and the weapons and to also create a diagonal composition.
If I could change one thing with this piece it would be to add colour to it because I think it would create a much more interesting to look at work of art. If I could have only coloured one part of the entire piece it would have been the pile of coins. I think this would have made the piece stand out more as well as unify the piece through one easy step.
Overall I am pleased with this piece and I am happy that it is finally complete. This piece took me a while first because I was gone at a school camp trip, then because of a constant workload from all classes which culminated in me getting sick from being really stressed, but in the end it all worked out and I am done and not that stressed.

No comments: