Sunday, March 27, 2011

Collage

For this project we had to create a romanticism inspired piece of art. The romantic era was often inspired by greek and roman mythology, but instead for my piece I chose to base mine on norse mythology to personalize it. To make this collage I first ripped a large sheet of pure black to create the lightning effect. To create this effect I ripped the paper towards me so that it showed the paper creating a lightning look. Afterwards I used multiple different cut outs to create Thor. Some of the things I used to create him were the fitting for a ruby necklace, a fridge, a necklace chain, a rock, and some other weird things. After I had all the pieces, actually laying it out and glueing everything it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be because of certain things layering over others.

Contrast, and drama are all important words used to describe romanticism. I believe my piece shows all three of these. Contrast is shown through the white lightning placed against a pure black background. I also feel it is also very dramatic because of the content, not many people can subjugate lightning at will. Overall I am very satisfied with this collage and look forward to telling you about my next project.

No comments: