Thursday, May 6, 2010

Websites Good/Bad

Website design and layout is a key for the internet. Sometimes users will only look at your website for 10 seconds and if they don't find what they want they'll leave. It is important to know users do NOT read they SCAN.  I chose two websites which are both about World of Warcraft. One is the games site, and the other is a news site which posts daily news about the game and leaks. 

The first website I chose to talk about is 
WorldofWarcraft.com. I believe this is a bad site. I think this because  the interface is not 
organized and is very cluttered with multiple drop down windows and links. Also the  site has a picture to Starcraft II but it has nothing to do with WoW so it is very confusing. Also there is little whitespace. I believe this website is bad for these following reasons.


The second website I am reviewing is MMO-Champion.com. I believe this is a good website 
because it has 6 simple titled navigation buttons and the main page is constantly being updated. It is also uses whitespace very well having space along the top and on either side of the advertisement, this keeps the screen very clean. Users barely have to think while navigating this site. This is because it has few links and the link it has are well labeled and easy to find. This website uses almost all of the principals of website design. 

No comments: